Tuesday, February 19, 2008

I DON’T LIKE HAIRCUTS



When was your last haircut? Mine was just a few hours ago. I like it very short so I won’t be coming back to the barber shop only in a few weeks. It’s because, even when I was young, I didn’t like haircuts. It’s uncomfortable and you feel itchy from the neck down just after your haircut. But it’s one of those things you can’t do without unless you stop growing your hair. But then again, I’d rather go through my regular haircuts (which is every 45 days), than be bald for life.


I have nothing against bald men but for me a person’s hair really adds to his or her overall individuality. It’s really unexplainable how one can change looks just by a simple haircut or change of hairstyle. I must also add that a regular haircut is essential in maintaining good grooming especially with men.
When I go out of the country, I would surely have my haircut first because haircut is quite expensive abroad. What I pay in an ordinary barber shop along the road in Manila is only about US $2 and in a mall or in an air-conditioned barber shop is about US $3 to $5 and sometimes it even has a free massage (ha ha ha..). It’s even cheaper in the provinces or countryside. If you are living or working in another country now, I am sure you know the big difference in the price. But don’t be stingy with getting your much needed haircut there. Maintaining your long hair can be more expensive as you will consume more hair shampoo and other hair needs plus more time consumed in grooming it.
If you are planning for a vacation, don’t get a haircut yet. Have your haircut here. It’s one of those less expensive things that you can do when you go back to Philippines.
You may also include in your list the dental visit, physical check-up and other medical-related tests as these are very expensive abroad. I think that’s a clean-cut advice and not just a kwentong barbero (barber’s hearsay story.)


No comments: