Saturday, February 9, 2008

HOW I MISS PHILIPPINE TV ADS!

When I’m away from home, I get to see TV programs from other countries. Usually I notice the TV ads and I can’t help but compare them with the Philippine TV ads. I would say that the Philippine TV ads are very creative and entertaining. And I have to say it’s because the artists and creators of these ads are very good.
Over the years, I’ve seen a lot of our TV ads that are so well created and produced that they serve for what they were created for – and that is for the viewers to remember them even after it’s no longer on broadcast or even after some years have passed.
Let me mention some unforgettable local ads. Will you remember these ones?

1. Rufina Patis – with its music lines saying “Ang patis Rufina’y, pampalinamnam… Rufina patis, Rufina Patis”
2. Caronia – the nail polish with a foreign language song but how it clicked.
3. Magnolia Ice Cream – and its monthly “Flavor of the Month” feature song.
4. Palmolive Soap - where two former classmates after some years saw each other while on escalators and the companion of one commented “Classmate mo ten years ago? Bakit mas mukha syang bata sa ‘yo?”
5. Mr. Clean – with Sylvia La Torre singing “Labadami..Labango”
6. Royal True Orange – and its claim of having real orange “pulp bits” in its softdrink.
7. 680 Home Appliances – “Why don’t you shop around with your friends..”

Here are some Philippine TV ads, 3 old ones and one recent. The first is superwheel soap, then, Baguio Oil, and Coke which featured Tito Vic & Joey. The last one is Fita ad. I’ve seen a lot of very good commercials, but this Fita ad is something I can’t forget for its very creative concept. Hope you enjoy these ads even if the video quality of the classic ads are not so good.

No comments: